Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Timberland: Boots that unify our nation

Political mastermind (and presidential canidate) Mitt Romney visited the New Hampshire-based Timberland boot factory yesterday. I guess he talked to employees about health care and illegal immigration among other issues, but really, I'm confused. He tried comparing a pair of Tims to our nation? The United States of America? Here's a quote taken from The Washington Post:


"Not many products in our society speak so neatly, so metaphorically, to bridging divides and appealing to everyone. Tims are worn by the rich and the poor, by kids in the inner city and outdoorsmen in the Rockies. Ladies wear Tims. Timberland is the independent voter."

Wait, once again..Tims? I mean, did he just pick this company because it's in New Hampshire and shit is about to go down there? Personally, I think I would have to disagree with Mr. Romney and say that Converse All-Stars are truly the nation unifying brand of footwear. I will now proceed to back up my theory using several examples:

Chris Tucker from "Friday" is a fan of the navy low's..


Are these my cousins? Anyway I think I see that girl rockin' a pair of the black on black high's..


Your average dorky white man loves the entire Converse line, apparently.


Socially conscious? Converse has got you covered..


Misunderstood Punk kids rock the cool/crazy prints..


And let's not forget, Snoop Doggy Dogg.


I think I've provided an adequate amount of examples to prove my theory correct. If I left out any stereotype or sample that pertains to a certain group of people that live in the United States, do not hesitate to chime in with your thoughts/opinions. As for myself, let me just say one thing..and this is directed to people who have known me for years and years: 3 words..pink "cons" rock.