Thursday, January 3, 2008

Bittersweet..




I saw this "unofficial" video for Kanye West's Bittersweet yesterday while doing my daily blog browsin'. Let me stray from the video for a second and comment on the actual song. Honestly, I love it. I'm not trying to get too deep here, but sometimes this song makes me emotional..over past relationships, over what went wrong, over what could've been etc. Remember, I'm a god damn woman with feelings..but really, this song is the truth. So alright, back to this masterpiece (and I'm using that term loosely). Uhh, what? This reminds me of something pulled straight from those Lifetime made for TV movies..you know, where the husband beats the wife and through the support of her family and friends, gets out the abusive relationship...and the husband either ends up in jail, dead, etc? That kind of storyline. I know, I know, "No Hate in '08," so I'm not going to comment any further about it. I will say this though:
I just treated myself to a digi camera (with video), so I might just correct the situation and make my own video interpretation of this song, starring, I don't know..me, maybe I'll throw my two dogs in on the joint...random people off the street...or even Lungz over at Lungz Chicago. Not hatin', just sayin'.