Thursday, January 17, 2008

Kool Aid x What were they thinking x Collabo

Here is a preview of the Kool Aid x Reebok Pro Legacy Grape, which is a collaboration between Reebok and Kool Aid. They feature a purple base, Kool Aid logo on the heel, smiling Kool Aid man face on the side, and the scented grape insoles. You can purchase them at St. Alfred, Chicago.

Maybe the person(s) involved in this latest collaboration are just too creative for me..like, so above my level that I'm incapable of realizing how cool these shoes actually are. I'm going to refrain from commenting on their appearance because I feel that the real issue at hand has to do with the "scented grape insoles." Is anyone else a little bothered by this? I'm not even gonna lie, I definitely threw up in my mouth a little when the thought of some dude's foot smelling like purple Kool-Aid entered my brain. If I'm ever in the mood to smell something that resembles some sort of fruit and I just can't fight the craving, I'll run to Wal-greens and buy one of those Mr. Smelly markers. I don't want my boyfriend's closet to be a part of this equation. Overall opinion? Nope. I'm straight. I'll pass on these and wait for the super exclusive limited run of Horchata drink sneakers (white/off-white color way) to come along.