Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I hate airports.

One time I flew to New York (through O'hare) and was delayed several hours. I also had to switch planes because the first one wasn't operating correctly, it was missing a part, the wing was broken, something to that extent. I arrived at Laguardia, but somehow my luggage didn't. I didn't know where my luggage was and more importantly, American Airlines didn't know where my luggage was. You try explaining to an individual with broken English that lives in India what a 80's turquoise Nike duffle bag looks like. Outsourcing..that's what's up. I hung out in Brooklyn for 2 full days with nothing but the clothes on my back, which was a tanktop, cardigan and some booty shorts. I also didn't have makeup. Finally, my luggage was found. I didn't ask where it made a detour to. What did I get out of this? Two 25 dollar American Airline vouchers and a $50 check that didn't arrive until 4 months after the fact. Here are the "Top 10 Airports With Worst On-Time Departures." Is anyone surprised that both O'hare and Midway made the list?

10. Chicago, IL (MDW) 74.09%
9. Miami, FL (MIA) 73.70%
8. New York, NY (LGA) 72.29%
7. Atlanta, GA (ATL) 72.19%
6. Charlotte, NC (CLT) 71.66%
5. Dallas/Ft.Worth, TX (DFW) 71.57%
4. Philadelphia, PA (PHL) 69.62%
3. New York, NY (JFK) 69.06%
2. Newark, NJ (EWR) 68.40%
1. Chicago, IL (ORD) 68.15%