Monday, January 7, 2008

Recent News

Mica's time line in terms of scary television viewing goes a little something like this: "Ghostwriter" (That weird orb thing was freaky, I don't care), then "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" (because the two chicks from "Sister, Sister" were in an episode involving transforming chameleons) and then..finally, "Tales from the Crypt." This show and that Skeletor lookin' grim reaper scared the ultimate SHIT out of me. There was this one specific episode that even after 7+ years of not seeing, I still remember clear as day. It was about this really popular restaurant that always had lines of people waiting to get in (like Hot Dougs? I don't know). Ok, and their specialty, the dish that they were known for was their steak and eggs. Fair enough, I love that on a Sunday morning too. I don't remember what happens in between the storyline so let me just cut to the end. The reason why the steak was so good was because it was actually HUMAN MEAT. The restaurant had a professional killer that would bring in carcasses to be fried, grilled and enjoyed by their customers. So the true question comes in, well maybe two. First, What kind of demented person even remembers something like that? Me, I guess. And second, why would I bring it up? It's mainly because I was getting my daily news on and came across this:

Man kills, cooks and possibly eats girlfriend, police say

TYLER, Texas (AP)
-- A man killed his girlfriend, then filleted and cooked parts of her body before calling police to tell them what he was doing, authorities said Sunday.

Christopher Lee McCuin, 25, called 911 on Saturday and told an emergency dispatcher he had killed Jana Shearer, 21, and was boiling her body parts at his mother's home, said Smith County Sheriff J.B. Smith.

When authorities arrived at the home, they found Shearer's mutilated body, one ear boiling in a pot of water on the stove and a fork sticking out of some human flesh sitting on a plate on the kitchen table.

Great. Go look at dude's mugshot and read the rest of it here.