Monday, January 21, 2008

I'am Still Here.

Operating a vehicle while listening to your ipod isn't the safest thing to do, but I'm guilty of it...I do it all the time. While driving to work this morning, I had my ish on shuffle (the only way to do it) and Tupac's aka Makaveli's "Hail Mary" came on. First off, I haven't heard this song in YEARS, why my ipod decided to play it this morning at 7am is beyond me. But alright, it got me thinking. Do people still think that he is alive, chillin' on some deserted island with Jim Morrisson and Elvis? I remember when the whole situation went down (I was like 9, right AB?)..and people (including myself) were scrambling online to research the conspiracy theory and find some answers. This is when the infamous "Reasons Why Tupac is Still Alive" list came out. Here are the first two examples:
1. 2Pac began calling himself Makaveli. Machiavelli was an Italian war strategist who advocated faking one’s death to fool their enemies. 2Pac was a fan of Machiavelli and had read his books. Perhaps 2Pac is taking his advice? (But that is not all Machiavelli did… Nicolo Machiavelli was a political, military theorist, historian, playwright, diplomat, and military planner. He is well known today. Some of his works are “The Prince” (1513), and The Art of War (1521). NOTE: Bone Thugs ‘N’ Harmony’s new double album which features 2Pac is called “The Art Of War.” Coincedence Or Not???)
2. 2Pac was cremated the day after he died. Since when does some one get cremated the day after a murder? There was no autopsy. Plus, no one can ask to dig up his grave like they wanted to do with Elvis and like they did with Abraham Lincoln. (An autopsy picture “leaked” onto the Internet, click here to take a look. However, this could easily be a fake picture.)
For the other reasons, click here.

Where I'm going with this, I'm not quite sure. Do I believe he's alive? I don't know, who really cares? The only worthwhile thing that came out of this though: Dave Chapelle's song "I Wrote This Song Back in '94."