Saturday, November 3, 2007

Top Albums, 2007


PRODIGY FEAT. ALCHEMIST - "RETURN OF THE MAC"



Hands down, this is the best album made this year. I forgot how I even got my hands on this, but I'm glad I did. I'll find myself cracking up in the middle of a song..and let me tell you why. The whole album has this awesome 80's funk vibe to it..and then some crazy lyric will pop in that will go something like, "I'm so compulsive I'll start gunnin' right in front of Jesus, Mary and Joseph." Whoa dude, really? That's some hardcore shit. Now honestly, I sometimes wonder what the people who are driving next to me are thinking when they see a woman in her business like attire coming home from her 9-5 listening to lyrics that deal with drugs, gangs, stabbing, and dudes who refer to their fathers as "niggas." I've officially gone off the deep end.


M.I.A. - "KALA"



YESSSS, I love this album. I wasn't into her that much before and I even forgot about the little Indian chick for a minute until I saw her in this picture wearing a Chicago Bulls zubaz overall type outfit. I love this entire album..it makes me wanna do shrooms just by looking at the cover no joke, but what doesn't?


KANYE WEST - "GRADUATION"




Kanye..that's more like it, you know I'll never forget about my sexual chocolate king. This was actually somewhat of a toss up for me. Should I put Common's "Finding Forever" on my list? Should I put "Graduation?" When I first heard this album, I was so disappointed. It seemed like my habits involving the other two albums were completely different. I would go out, grab the album and listen to it on repeat for at least a few weeks..at least. I rarely had to skip through any of the tracks and with this one however, I found myself constantly doing that. I'm actually still doing it. In general, I think the album is good but for Kanye, I don't think it's that great. "Flashing Lights" though? That's my hit.




FEIST - "THE REMINDER
"



The total outcast of the group because a girl like me needs a little easy listening once in a while. I really don't have much to say about it, I like it on days where it's maybe raining outside, or I'm feeling especially "emo". YEA I SAID IT.



JAY-Z "AMERICAN GANGSTER"



I don't feel like reviewing it because it's still so new in my system but I love it and I still hate Beyonce.