Saturday, November 24, 2007

HDR Photography

So I've definitely become increasingly obsessed with HDR photography, I'll admit. But let me explain it... HDR stands for high dynamic range... basically it is a series of imaging techniques that create a greater range of values between light and dark areas than you would normally see in regular digital photos. Not to sound like a complete dork.
It's just a way of making a dope photo
doper. You take 3 or more differently exposed photos (unless you're able to shoot to RAW files), merge them, and then tone map.


The end result is just an exaggerated looking photo, with richer visual elements. The intention of HDRing is to accurately represent the wide range of intensity levels found in real scenes ranging from direct sunlight to shadows.













There's so many good ass HDR photographs on Flickr, especially ones by this dude Stuck in Customs, whom I HATE for his amount of talent and ability to be at the places he photographs.


The photos I'm posting are just a few I did today..
Because I don't have a very nice high tech and expensive digital camera or tripod YET, I let it be a team effort between me and Ian, who's the one actually shooting the photographs. I'm just responsible for making them look dope. Usually, half are Chicago photos and the other half are New York photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/708718/

Virgen de Guadalupe Mural