Friday, October 12, 2007

It's 2007, didn't you know?

I KNOW this has been brought up on several occasions and I need to just vent, let it out and lay it to rest. Here's the general consensus: It's not the 80's, stop trying to revive it through outrageous clothing/accessories. Lemme elaborate:

1. First and foremost, get rid of those ridiculous across the head headbands..I'm not talking about the headbands that actually hold your hair out of your face..I'm talking about the bands that go ACROSS your forehead and hold your asymmetrical bangs/haircuts in place..example:

this is cute..rock it girl, yea yea..


whoa, not this:


and not this:



2. Acid washed/bleached out jeans. I'm sorry, the only man that can pull off the dirty acid washed /bleached out jeans look is a Mr. Andrew W.K..I know, I know..



3. Wait..and I came across this one dress the other day and while I don't know if it's 80's or not, it goes along with that whole outrageous weird color/synthetic fabric thing I'm talkin' bout..



Now really, I love this color..it's one of my favorites, but this dress is bringing me back to my gymnastic (SOKOL!) days where I was fat and could barely squeeze into those leotards. Bottom line, it's cute if you're under 10..or into some sort of sport like ice skating and/or gymnastics, other than that..take that shit off.


Now I'm drawing a blank..and I'm sure this will be edited a few times..and I know I've offended even some of my friends who try and pull this look off..but really, what does a girl who's been wearing spandex, air max's and an Operation Ivy shirt for the past week know anyway?