Friday, March 28, 2008

Manicures? Pedicures? Facials? What?


When I was 10, I had a unibrow, my hair was always in a braid, I was always wearing sweatpants and I was apparently a huge fan of those Keds slip ons. I always wore Looney Tunes, Chicago Bulls and "Bum Equipment" (do you remember that brand?) clothing, too. Take a quick look at the picture above. The LAST thing on your girl's mind was anything mani, pedi, and spa-related. I just wanted to play sports, hang out with Kyle Balmer (Nicole Bachta, I hear you too)..and eat. It wasn't even until my Highschool days that I got into the waxing, threading, dermatologist, and overall beauty game. So seriously, what is this world coming to? I guess there's a pampering craze among 9-10 year olds that I was completely unaware of until now.

The Phoenix’s Keating, who sees nine-year-olds in her spa on a regular basis, says she’d refuse any spa-going request by her own nine-year-old daughter, save for nail-painting as a treat. Klein takes her almost-12-year-old daughter into spas for the occasional cleansing facial (“Good skin care is a habit, and I’d like her to learn that habit early”), but draws the line at other spa services (mommy-daughter manis excluded).
Peep the rest of the article here.