Sunday, August 26, 2007

Engrish of the Day:


I was put onto this site (Engrish.com) by a friend and have since spent those boring ass days lurking the pages and laughing. First off, look at the photo above. Ok, maybe dude on the left is dropping something dirty onto the floor, we can't really judge from the photo, but clearly the man on the right is not shitting on any floor. Actually it looks like some sort of stream spouting from his mouth....an honest mistake, fine.
Basically, what the site is is a gigantic compilation of errors made in the English language by legit Japanese marketing companies. Check the site out, at least skim through a little! The mistakes are so genuine.
So obviously I've mentioned the site to a few folks here and there, laughed about its fucking accuracy in the mistakes people make through translation...
Tell me why I go to Chinatown today and this is what I get:
its a party time
IT'S A PARTY TIME!

-Hananne